Here is a step-by-step guide on how to cut pickguard material:
- Gather tools: You will need a sharp utility knife, a straight edge (such as a ruler or a metal straight edge), a cutting mat or a hard surface to cut on, and your pickguard material.
- Measure and mark the material: Measure the dimensions of your pickguard and use a pencil to mark the cutting line.
- Secure the material: Place the material on a cutting mat or other hard surface and secure it in place with tape. Make sure it is taut and not shifting.
- Use a straight edge as a guide: Place the straight edge along the cutting line and use it as a guide for your utility knife.
- Make the cut: Hold the utility knife at a 45-degree angle and make several passes along the cutting line, applying enough pressure to cut through the material but not so much that it damages the surface below.
- Repeat: Repeat the cutting process until you have cut through the entire material.
Sand the edges: Use sandpaper to smooth any rough edges and ensure a clean, straight cut.
Nte: Pickguard material can be delicate and prone to cracking or splitting, so it is important to use a sharp blade and to make slow, steady cuts.